I was tagged to do the Reader Confessions Tag by Life Should Be Lit (tell me you don’t love the name of that blog!). I’m kinda nervous about answering these questions though. I don’t know if I’m ready to confess all my bookish misdemeanors on the internet for all to see!
*sweats profusely* Okay, I’m ready to take the stand…
1) Have you ever damaged a book? I’ve ripped pages out of old books and cut them up for crafts projects before. I swear, they were books that were already falling apart or were already in the donation pile. OMG STOP JUDGING ME.
2) Have you ever damaged a borrowed book? No. At least, not that I recall, anyway.
3) How long does it take you to read a book? Usually a few days to a week, depending on the length and how busy I am. For some reason my boss gets mad when I try to read while I’m working, so I have to reserve reading time for when I’m home. Some people just don’t get it. *eyeroll*
4) Books that you haven’t finished? There have been several over the years. I don’t see the reason to force yourself through something that you get absolutely no enjoyment out of. Unless you’re being graded on it or something. The most recent book I abandoned was Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (Spoiler alert: They probably are.)
6) Is there a book you wouldn’t tell anyone you were reading? How to Commit Murder and Get Away With It, Bank Heists: 101, and Why Does My Vag Smell Like Cheese?
Fine, I made those up. None of those are real books. If they were I probably wouldn’t tell anyone I was reading them though.
7) How many books do you own? I haven’t counted in a while. Probably 400 or so, if my guess is correct. (Will count later and report back.) Those are just the ones that I’ve kept over the years.
8) Are you a fast or a slow reader? I’m in the middle, I think. I have no idea, but I don’t like admitting that I’m below average at things and calling myself “fast” makes me sound like a ho.
9) Do you like to buddy read? No. (What is buddy reading? Is that like reading the same book at the same time as someone else? Reading with someone next to you? Do my pets count as reading buddies? If so then I change my answer.)
10) If you were only allowed to own one book, what would it be and why? Why do I only get one book? WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE REST OF MY BOOKS? *hyperventilates*
If I had to pick just one I’d probably pick The Graveyard Book. I was going to say Harry Potter, but how do you pick just one book in a series like that?
I Choose YOU: