J.W. Martin was awesome enough to tag me in the 20 Questions Book Tag. He’s also nice enough to let me steal his graphics and post really random comments on his blog. He’s an all-around swell fellow, if you ask me. I actually did this one a while back, but after perusing through the questions again I’ve decided to elaborate on some of my previous answers.
Ready, set…*runs to bathroom to pee again because I have a kidney infection and have to pee every 5 mins*…GO!
1. How many books is too many books in a book series? I prefer a series to be around 3-4 books. After that one of two things usually happens: a) The story starts to drag out (not always, but I feel like this is often the case), or b) You run into Game of Thrones territory where you’re waiting years in between books because the story becomes overly complex and the writer can’t even keep up.
2. How do you feel about cliffhangers? Personally, I think people who hang off cliffs for fun need to get their heads examined. But to each their own, I guess.
3. Hardback or paperback? I don’t have a preference, but I don’t like to mix and match them. If I own two hardback books in a series, I’m not going to buy a paperback when the third comes out. This sounds like a math problem…If Kiersten has two hardbacks and the third book only comes out in paperback, how many chickens will it take to cross the road? Hey, Macarena! (The answer is 5, by the way.)
4. Favorite book? Seriously, how can I pick just one book? That’s like asking me to pick my favorite body part. (It’s my derriere.) I guess if I had to pick one though, like absolutely had to. Like, someone was threatening my derriere at knifepoint, I’d pick The Graveyard Book….and the Harry Potter series, Jane Eyre, Romeo & Juliet, The Name of the Wind, and…See, it’s not possible to pick just one.
5. Least favorite book? Tess of the D’Urbervilles. I had to read it in high school and reading it was pretty much the equivalent of a slow, agonizing death. As if high school hadn’t already been slow and agonizing enough.
6. Love triangles, yes or no? Meh. They wouldn’t bother me so much if they weren’t overdone to death. THANKS TWILIGHT. (Did anyone else think it was amazing when Jacob ruined the love triangle by falling in love with Bella’s baby instead?)
7. The most recent book you just couldn’t finish? Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? Yes. Yes they are.
8. A book you’re currently reading? A Gathering of Shadows. I want to say more about it, but I’m going to save it for my book review. *sits on hands*
9. Last book you recommended to someone? A Darker Shade of Magic
*takes another pee break*
10. Oldest book you’ve read? (Publication date) Everything by Shakespeare. Will doth approve.
11. Newest book you’ve read? (Publication date) To Kill a Kingdom
12. Favorite author? Neil Gaiman! But you guys probably new that already.
13. Buying books or borrowing books? Buying. If I really enjoy a book there’s no way in hell I’m going to give it back. IT’S MINE, OKAY?! I FOUND IT FIRST. *hissssssss*
14. A book you dislike that everyone else seems to love? The Magicians.
15. Bookmarks or dog-ears? I feel like this is a weird question, given that I am not normally in the habit of using my pets’ ears as place holders…I’m going to skip this one.
16. A book you can always reread? Why would I turn down one of those? Yes, please.
17. Can you read while hearing music? I can’t even concentrate if people are breathing around me while I read.
18. One POV or multiple POV’s? (POV’s = Point of views) I prefer one, but there have been a few books that did the multiple POV thing well.
19. Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days? Multiple. Unless it’s like super short.
20. A book you’ve read because of the cover?