The Tattooed Book Geek did the Naughty or Nice book tag this week and tagged everyone who wanted to take part in the debauchery…I mean, fun.
1. Received an ARC and not reviewed it ❌ No, but that’s because I don’t receive ARCs very frequently.
2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley ❌ I don’t even have a rating because I’ve yet to actually use Netgalley. So, that’s a no? Or is not having a rating even worse than a 60% rating?
3. Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did) ❌ Nope. I usually put all my reviews on the blog.
4. Folded down the page of a book ✔️ Yes. (Don’t hate me!) Sometimes I fold a very tiny corner down if I want to remind myself to go back to a certain page for some reason. I know other people use sticky notes, but I hate having books with a bunch of paper sticking out of it like it’s a school textbook.
5. Accidentally spilled on a book ✔️Again, don’t hate me. I’ve never ruined a book or anything, but every once in a while a crumb or a drop of coffee makes it way onto a page. That’s what happens when you read during your lunch break.
6. DNF a book this year ✔️There were only 2 that I started and didn’t finish this year. I have a hard time forcing myself to finish a book if I’m not feeling it from the very beginning.
7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it ❌ That’s just silly.
8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework) ✔️ Far too often.
9. Skim read a book ✔️ Sometimes I skim through certain sections if they’re getting too long or boring.
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal ❌ Nope! I am quite proud to say that I’ve surpassed all of my Goodreads goals the last few years.
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it to the library ❌ Never. I used to work at the library. They’d know where to find me.
12. Broke a book buying ban ❌ Why on Earth would I ban myself from buying something that I love and cherish above all things?! What kind of masochist do you think I am?!
13. Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about ❌ I write all my reviews pretty quickly so this doesn’t happen.
14. Wrote in a book you were reading ❌ NEVER!
15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads ❌ I put everything on Goodreads.
16. Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend ❌ I don’t borrow books. I just buy my own copies. I need to keep all the books. ALL THE BOOKS ARE MINE, OKAY?!
17. Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book ✔️ Hehe. (See above answer.)
18. Broke the spine of someone else’s book ❌ No, but if I did I would replace it, because that’s shitty. This is why I don’t lend books to people…
19. Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged ❌ Wait, isn’t the point of the jacket to keep the book protected? Who the hell takes the jacket off? Did anyone ask the book if it minded being naked? Seriously, ya’ll are rude.
20. Sat on a book accidentally ❌ No. My butt has a book radar built in to prevent such disasters.
Final Score: 6/20
I tag anyone brave enough to admit how naughty they were this year. 😉