I can’t believe it’s December already. While I am not normally a big fan of the holidays, this year I’m trying hard to get in the mood. Today was ugly sweater day at work, which is one of the few holiday traditions that I always appreciate.
Now that NaNoWriMo is over I suppose I should start focusing on whatever comes next in terms of getting my book published. That means I need your help, lovely readers. I know that some of you regularly act as beta readers for other bloggers and authors. Well, now I guess it’s my turn to ask for your assistance. To be honest, I am terrified to let others read my work due to my own heavy self-criticism (I’m sure plenty of you can relate), but I know it’s an important step in the writing process, so I’m trying to push past it. Up to this point, I’ve only had a couple of people read my manuscript from start to finish. There have been others who offered to beta read for me but ended up not having enough time to finish the job. That’s why I am asking for a few beta readers who are committed to actually finishing my novel and are willing to provide constructive criticism and feedback.
Here’s what I’m looking for:
– Someone (preferably someone familiar with the fantasy and/or YA genres) willing to read my manuscript within a relatively short period (3-4 weeks). I know the holidays are coming up and that people get busy, so if you don’t think you will be able to finish reading the book within a month, please don’t volunteer.
-Feedback on various aspects of the book:
- Does the story flow well?
- Did you get bored while reading this?
- Were there any major plot gaps?
- Can you relate to the characters?
- What did you like/dislike?
Please keep in mind, I am asking for your help because I value your opinions, so any other feedback you wish to provide will be welcome.
If you’d like to volunteer to be a beta reader for me, please leave me a comment (or send me a DM on Twitter).