I was tagged by the lovely Rebecca of Bookishly Rebecca (Thanks Rebecca!) to do the Underrated Female Heroes Tag. This one was actually a tad more difficult than I expected. I’m not sure why, but I kept drawing blanks and had to go back and re-answer some of the questions.
- Please pingback to me at Kate @ Melting Pots and Other Calamities. Make sure to pingback to one of Kate’s posts. She won’t see the post otherwise!
- Answer the questions.
- Choose female characters from books, movies, TV, anime, Webtoons, etc.
- Tag as many people as you want, but at least one person.
- Have fun!
1. NAME A HEROINE YOU LIKE, BUT WHOM YOU FEEL IS ALWAYS OVERSHADOWED BY THE MALE CHARACTERS IN THE STORY – Amren, in the last two books of the A Court of Thorns and Roses series. I felt like she was overshadowed by everyone else, for the most part.
2. FOR THAT MATTER, NAME A HEROINE WHOM YOU FEEL IS ALWAYS OVERSHADOWED BY THE OTHER FEMALE CHARACTERS IN THE STORY – See above answer.
3. NAME A CHARACTER WHO HAD POTENTIAL BUT WAS GREATLY UNDERUTILIZED IN HER STORY – Luna Lovegood. I loved Luna’s character so much. I feel like she had the potential to be an even bigger part of the story, but she wasn’t in it enough.
4. NAME A FEMALE CHARACTER WHO YOU EITHER FIND BETTER IN HER BOOK THAN HER MOVIE, FIND BETTER IN HER MOVIE THAN HER BOOK, OR WHOSE PORTRAYALS YOU FIND EQUAL – Ginny Weasley’s character was better in the book. She was kinda lame in the movies. It felt like she was just there to be there.
5. NAME A CHARACTER WHO YOU WANT MORE BACKSTORY ON – Denna in the Kingkiller Chronicles books.
6. NAME A CHARACTER WITH TRAITS YOU FEEL ARE SADLY OVERLOOKED BY EVERYONE – Alex Dunwoody in the Elsewhere series. She was a clever and creative kid, but her parents were always disappointed that she was into artsy stuff and not science, like they were. It pisses me off.
7. NAME A MORALLY GREY CHARACTER. (VILLAIN OR ANTI HERO!) – Inej in the Six of Crows books. She’s not a villain, but I feel like she could easily cross that line.
8. A CHARACTER YOU’RE STUNNED ISN’T MORE FAMOUS – Lila Bard from the A Darker Shade of Magic series.
9. A CHARACTER FROM A PIECE OF FICTION YOU’RE AMAZED ISN’T MORE FAMOUS – Linda from Bob’s Burger’s, because she’s hilarious and she puts up with a lot of crap from her family.
YOU WITH THE FACE. You’re it!