The lovely miss Ally nominated me for the Black Cat Blue Sea Awards. I have no idea who created this award, but I love the name of it because it sounds somewhat nonsensical. Like, why would a black cat be out at sea? Cats don’t even like water. Unless it’s a pirate cat. OMG is it a pirate cat?! If I had a pirate cat I would name him ARRRRRnold.
- Answer three questions posed to you by the person who nominated you
- Ask three questions
- Nominate up to 8 others
- Are there any topics that make you automatically interested in a book? – Yessss. Magic, pirates, supernatural beings (faeries, mermaids, etc.), creepy old houses, cemeteries, and fairy tale retellings all grab my attention.
- Favourite book you’d never admit is a favourite? – I can’t think of any that I am particularly embarrassed about. I typically avoid talking about middle grade books though when talking about favorites because people get weird about it.
“Wait, isn’t that a kid’s book?”
“Why, yes, yes it is. DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH KID’S BOOKS, KAREN? YOU DON’T EVEN READ.”
- Are there any authors you’d never read anything from? Why? – Several, actually. Mainly because they write about topics I don’t enjoy, like erotica and religious fiction.
- Is there any one topic or trope that instantly ruins a book for you?
- What would be your ideal book crossover (Two unrelated books becoming part of the same universe)?
- What is the most recent book you acquired?
- Bonus Question: If you had a pirate cat, what would its name be?
People (Like you!)