Sadly, I don’t have a First Impression Friday post for this week. My poor doggy, Beaker, was having some health issues this week, so I haven’t had time to start anything new. (Don’t worry, Beaker is doing much better now after seeing the vet!) I will say that I am almost done with last week’s FIF book, Hounded, and it’s been pretty fucking fantastic.
The always entertaining J.W. Martin nominated me for a Unique Blogger Award. I had fun answering his questions. two of which were tough to answer. (I think I changed my answer to #3 4-5 times.)
- You’re being blackmailed by an evil overlord to pull off the heist of the century. You need to assemble a crew who can pull off the heist and thwart the overlord at the same time. Who do you choose? (curveball: can only pick ONE character from each book world) – Delilah Bard (for her knife/magic/thieving skills), Kaz Brekker (to be the master planner), Rhysand (for his winnowing), Arya Stark (because she’s badass), and Bilbo Baggins (just because).
- A book mashup you’d love to see. (example: Harry Potter meets The Illuminae Files) Name of the Wind meets To Kill a Kingdom. Weird, I know, but I feel like the series could use some more mythological creatures, like sirens.
- If you could only read books from five authors for the rest of your life. Who do you choose? Neil Gaiman, V.E. Schwab, Jenny Lawson, Colleen Oakes, and William Shakespeare.
- What’s the strangest book you’ve ever read? (Be specific. What made it strange?)
- Which character from Alice in Wonderland best describes you?
- If you could resurrect any dead book character, who would it be?