I was nominated by whitreads a while back for the Liebster Award! (I’m a little behind on my awards and tags at the moment. Heh.) Thank you, Whitney! You and your blog are so lovely.
Rules for The Liebster Award:
• Thank your nominator and provide a link to their blog
• Answer your nominator’s 11 questions
• Create 11 questions of your own
• Nominate 11 blogs
- What standalone book do you wish had a sequel? Probably Neverwhere, although supposedly Neil Gaiman is in the process of writing a sequel to this, I may get my wish. 🙂
- What is your favorite bookish object purchase? My Graveyard Book t-shirt that I got in Canada last year.
- Who is your favorite romantic pairing in a novel? Currently it’s Lila and Kell from the Darker Shades of Magic series. I really like their relationship in the books because it’s not overly romantic. They were friends and partners in crime first, which I really like because it makes their relationship seem more solid.
- How do you choose what to read next? If there’s something I’m really excited to read I stick it towards the top of my Goodreads list. When trying to figure out what I want to read next I usually just go down the list.
- Do you like to see the movie adaptation of a book first, or read the book first? I typically read the book first, if I am interested enough. There are plenty of movies that I’ve seen and have never read the book because I just wasn’t feeling it.
- What is your favorite bookstore? (online or physical) Oh wow, this feels like a trick question. The Barnes & Noble near my office is one of my favorite bookstores because it’s where I spent a lot of free time/lunch breaks. It’s where I go to read, where I get a lot of writing done, and just where I go when I need a quiet, happy place. My favorite independent bookstore is Malaprops in Asheville, NC. I’d go there every day if I was able to, but it’s like 2 hours away.
- What is your favorite and least favorite genre? Romance or any sort of religious fiction.
- How long do you normally take to finish a book? A few days to a week, depending on how busy I am.
- What character would you choose to be your companion on an adventure? Any cat or dog. Maybe one of the withches familiars from the Elsewhere series, or Enzo from The Art of Racing in the Rain.
- What is your Hogwarts house/do you feel that it is accurate? Ravenclaw. And YES! Ravenclaws are known for their intellience, wit, and creativity. I feel like this describes me pretty well.
- Who would comprise your ultimate girl squad? Hermione Granger (for wisdom), Delilah Bard (fighting skills and thieving skills), and Luna Lovegood (because she’s amusing)…and myself, obviously.
- Can you read places other than home?
- Would it have been weird if Harry had given Dobby his underwear instead?
- Weirdest place/situation you ever took out a book? (Fun fact: I attempted to read at a wedding on a boat last weekend.)
- If you had to read books by one one author the rest of the year, which author would you pick?
- How have your book tastes changed over the years?
- Character you think would be most fun to play truth or dare with?
- If you could take any character and add them to a different book world, who would it be and which world would you choose?
- What do you think Harry Potter’s favorite pizza topping is?
- Which fantasy world is your least favorite and why?
- Make up an imaginary creature right now. Go.
- If you had to recommend one book to someone who says they “don’t like reading,” what book would you recommend?