This week’s Top Ten Tuesday theme is “Books I Want My Future Children to Read.” Now, I don’t expect to have my own children in the future, so I am making these recommendations based on what I think all children should read at some point in their lives. I chose books that have taught me valuable lessons about life, the world, and growing up.
…To avoid overthinking this whole thing (What age group are we talking about? Technically they’re still children if they are under the age of 18. But wait. are they?) I’m going to make my recommendations for children under the age of 12.
- The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
- Matilda by Roald Dahl
- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
- The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams Bianco
- Oh, the Places You’ll Go by Dr. Seuss
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Grimm’s Fairy Tales by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm
- Pack of Dorks by Beth Vrabel
Do you agree with any of these? Which of these are your favorites?