Did someone say Harry Potter book tag!? SIGN ME UP. 😀
1) Favorite book? As much as I love all of the books, Deathly Hallows and Order of the Phoenix have always been my favorites. I felt like both of these books really exhibited the difficulties that Harry had to endure and reached a higher level of maturity than the other books did.
2) Least favourite book? Probably Chamber of Secrets. There is nothing wrong with this book, but compared to the rest of the series this one falls to the bottom of my list.
3) Favourite movie? Order of the Phoenix. I loved getting to see Harry and Sirius’ relationship on screen.
4) Least favourite movie? The Goblet of Fire. There was so much missing from this movie. The whole thing revolved around the Tri-Wizard tournament and basically left out all of the other details of that year.
5) Favourite quote? “Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” -Albus Dumbledore
6) Favourite Weasley? Oh I love the Weasleys! They’re like the perfect close-knit, quirky family. Mr. Weasley is my favorite of the bunch. I love his fascination with simple muggle objects.
7) Favourite female character? Hermione! She is one of my favorite book characters of all time. Period.
8) Favourite villain. I don’t usually think of favorites in terms of villainous characters, but if I had to pick one I guess I’d say Bellatrix.
9) Favourite male character? Aside from Harry (because he’s a given), I’m going to have to say Neville.
10) Favourite professor? Hagrid!
11) Would you rather A) wash Snape’s hair or B) spend a day listening to Lockhart rant about himself? Oooh that’s a tough one. I’m going with B) though. As annoying as Lockhart was, Snape would probably find a million reasons to give someone detention for touching his hair.
12) Would you rather duel A) an elated Bellatrix or B) an angry Molly? Molly. Bellatrix was freaking crazy.
13) Would you rather travel to Hogwarts via A) Hogwarts Express or B) Flying Car? Hogwarts Express. As much fun as the flying Ford Anglia might be, I imagine you wouldn’t get the real Hogwarts student experience without riding the train.
14) Would you rather A) Kiss Voldemort or B) give Umbridge a bubble bath? Umm, eww to both of these. I guess the first one?
15) Would you rather A) ride a Hippogriff or B) ride a Firebolt? A hippogriff.
16) Is there a character you felt differently about in the movies? Dumbledore. I was actually quite disappointed with the way that he was portrayed in the movies vs. the books.
17) Is there a movie you preferred to the book? Nope.
18) Richard Harris or Michael Gambon as Dumbledore? Neither? As mentioned above, I was actually disappointed with movie Dumbledore. In the books he was portrayed a wise, yet quirky man. I felt like the first movie Dumbledore was too soft spoken and grandfatherly, while the second was a bit too intense.
19) Your top thing (person or event) that wasn’t in the movie that you wanted there the most? S.P.E.W! I loved Hermione’s efforts to liberate the house elves and the fact that Dobby kept stealing all the hates she made for them. Heh.
20) If you could remake any of the Harry Potter movies which would it be? Goblet of Fire. I would make it a two part movie to incorporate more of the story that was missing from the original.
21) Which house was your first gut feeling you’d be a part of? Gryffindor
22) Which house were you actually sorted into on Pottermore? Ravenclaw
23) Which class would be your favorite? Care of Magical Creatures!
24) Which spell do you think would be most useful to learn? That’s a tough one, there are so many awesome spells. I imagine Accio would come in pretty handy though. You’d never misplace things again!
25) Which character do you think you’d instantly become friends with? Hermione because we have a lot in common.
26) If you could own one of the three Hallows, which would it be? The invisibility cloak. It’d be perfect for when I want everyone to leave me alone.
27) Is there any aspect of the books you’d want to change? Not that I can think of.
28) Favourite Marauder? Moony. He was a fun character. I wish he had been present in more of the later books.
29) If you could bring one character back to life, which would it be? Dobby! I still bawl whenever I re-read his death scene. 😥
30) Hallows or Horcruxes? Hallows. If the only way to gain immortality is to split your soul in seven pieces, I think I’ll pass. Sounds pretty awful.
Alright muggles, feel free to take part if you love Harry Potter as much as I do!