This week’s Top Ten Tuesday (hosted by The Broke and the Bookish) was a good one for me, given that there at least thirty book series on my TBR list that I just haven’t had the time to start yet. I’m weird about starting a new book series. I can get really excited about diving into a new series, but then there are other times where I just put it off because it seems like it’s going to be a huge time investment. I think the length of the series and the books themselves probably play a factor in this. Even if everyone else claims that a series is amazing, sometimes I would rather just stick to stand-alone books. That way, if you don’t like it, you don’t have to make the tough decision of whether or not you should continue reading the series to see if it gets better or just move on with your life.
…Does anyone else do this or am I just thinking about it way too much?
Top Ten Series I’ve Been Meaning to Start
- The Shades of Magic series by V.E. Schwab
- The Queen of the Tearling series by Erika Johansen
- The Shannara Trilogy by Terry Brooks
- The Legends of the First Empire series by Michael Sullivan
- The Chronicles of Alice series by Christina Henry
- The Traitor Spy Trilogy by Trudi Canavan
- The Stormlight Archive series by Brandon Sanderson
- The Shadow and Bone series by Leigh Bardugo
- The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer
- The Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan
Which of these should I check out next?