This week’s Top Ten Tuesday (hosted by The Broke and the Bookish) is “Top Ten [insert any genre] Books On My TBR List.” I’m cheating a little by not choosing one specific genre. Since I typically post about fantasy books, I tried to throw in a couple of non-fantasy ones this time as well.
These aren’t necessarily on top of my TBR pile, but here are a few that I’ve added recently.
1 Children of Earth and Sky by Guy Gavriel Kay – Renaissance Europe, pirates, a woman seeking vengeance, and an artist posing as a spy. (Who wouldn’t want to read that?!)
2. The Last Tudor by Philippa Gregory – The story of Lady Jane Grey, Queen of England for nine days before being sent to the scaffold.
3. Peter Darling by Austin Chant – The story of Peter Pan, ten years after he left Neverland, all grown up and trying to come to terms with being a man.
4. The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks – I’ve been meaning to read this series for years now. Time to finally get on it.
5. What I Lost by Alexandra Ballard – The story of a sixteen-year old girl struggling through recovery for an eating disorder.
6. The Seer and the Sword by Victoria Hanley – A powerful sword that makes the owner invisible, a princess who is also a seer, and a kingdom under threat. Sounds right up my alley.
7. The Witchwood Crown by Tad Williams – This one takes place in the same realm of Tad’s Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn series. This time, there are dark, elfish foe afoot!
8. The Gravedigger’s Son by Patrick Moody – I’m a sucker for graveyard stories.
9. Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor – An orphan boy, a dream that chose him, the lost city of Weep, and a blue-skinned goddess. Sounds intriguing, no?
10. Preludes and Nocturnes (The Sandman #1) by Neil Gaiman – Because Neil Gaiman. Enough said.